FREE Model Train Newsletter
- Readers Model Train Layouts: Lou
- Model Train Scenery: Making Mountain Methods
- Model Train Weathering Methods for Rolling Stock
- Dave does it again. Layout updates and tips.
- Model Train Help For Free
- A Model Train Beginners First Train Set
- Inspirational Model Train Layouts
- Discount Model Train Magazine Subscriptions
- Create your own Scenery : Model Railroad Print Out Buildings
- Create your own Scenery : Cheap and Easy Trees
- Create your own Scenery : Making a Coal Load
- Making a Simple Table Top for your Model Railway
- Model Railroad Track Weathering Made Easy
- Model Train Review: Lionel Southern Crescent Limited
- Model Train Layout: Creating a Scene
Monthly Archives: December 2008
Often we get so much mail it is very hard to reply to everyone individually… but this email from Alice caught our attention. Alice has been modeling a Christmas village for the last 10 years and is obviously very passionate about it.
We know that a lot of our readers struggle with the electrical side of model trains and here is a perfect example of modeling that requires no electrical skills at all.
This is what Alice had to say… Continue reading
If you are a model train beginner then you might be asking… “Which model train scale is best suited for me?”
A common mistake for model train beginners is to confuse scale and gauge.
Let me explain… scale is the proportion of the replica to the real thing. For example, HO scale locomotives are 1/87 the size of the real life locomotive. Model train gauge is the width between the inside running edge of the track…. Continue reading
It always blows me away when I see awesome model train layouts like the one in this video. The effort and patience would have been absolutely huge… but the end result was so worth it. Continue reading
If you have been a model railroader for some time you will understand that the costs of model trains can add up very quickly. Model trains are the best hobby in the world, but if you are going to pay full retail price for everything you buy, it will soon become the most expensive hobby you have ever had!
Here is how to save money on your model trains… Continue reading